I am frequently asked “What do you do for a living?” Due to the nature of my work and skill sets, I even get asked by my wife, kids, and family members… “What do we tell people you do?”
Since I have worked in the Web world since the mid-1990s, some assume I build websites (still). Some know I have lead communication teams, so they assume I am in Marketing. Some remember I lead an I.T. department, so I must be a “techie.” (This one is way off) 😉
Because I needed an elevator speech with my new business, I have had to think long and hard about “what do I do and how do I explain it succinctly?”
After much reflection I can say…
I help organizations tell their story!!!
– I help organizations tell their story (Who we are, Why we are, How donors and volunteers can help.)
– I help organizations with their ministry and mission (How can we use technology to do more?)
– I help organizations collect new names (How do we let people know more about us?)
– I help organizations convert new names to donors (How do we get people involved in our mission?)
– I help 1st time donors become partners. (How do we gain true partners?)
I leverage social media, print, email, websites, or apps to spread the non-profit’s story. I weave this storytelling into ALL channels so listeners hear a consistent message from the organization.
I work with internal teams. I work with Web vendors. I work with agencies. I work with script writers. I work with content writers. I work with all the departments, voices, and influencers to create “one voice.”
Every organization is unique, yet they all have many of the same needs and concerns. I assist in customizing communication strategies built for their goals, uniqueness, and resources.
I LOVE what I do. I love seeing God work through people and organizations to further His kingdom work. I am blessed to be a small part of that.
I get a big thrill walking into a non-profit, organization, or business and learning what makes them unique… then getting to work helping them craft and proclaim their STORY!!!!
If you want to see if your organization is a match for my skillsets… give me a call or text 903-816-1010.